Terms and Conditions Uriji Jami
Last updated: May 2018
Uriji Jami Ltd was created in 2016 and provides users the opportunity to exchange advice or business experience, generating alternative income by valorizing past and revealing people's life potential, in order to fulfill their potential. We have created a mobile & web application called Uriji.
Access to and use of the urijijami.com and/or the Uriji App (the “site/App”) including any content, functionality and services offered in or through the app, are subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
Our Support Team is available, in case you have questions about the Site or the Terms and Conditions. You can contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contents: services offered by a user through a story in Uriji.
Sellers: users who offer and provide services under the form of contents in Uriji.
Buyers: users who purchase stories with content.
Donors: users who support other people’s dreams by making a donation.
Dreamers: users who receive donations in order to fulfill the dreams they share.
Stories: A post in which users can describe their life experiences adding multimedia content that other users can acquire for a price.
Dreams: A post in which dreamers share a goal they want to fulfill, having the option to collect donations.
Orders: the formal agreement between the buyer and the seller after the purchase of the seller’s story.
Chat: The cannel through which users can directly communicate with each other.
Disputes: Are disagreements between users regarding a transaction.
Profit: The money a user receives through a specific transaction.
- Only registered users can buy and sell in Uriji. Registration is free.
- In Uriji, the stories’ content must have a minimum price of $ 1 determined by the seller.
- Buyers will pay Uriji at the time of the order.
- Orders are purchased through the Buy button located in the story created by the seller in Uriji.
- Sellers must comply with their orders and cannot cancel them without a justification. Cancelling orders will affect seller´s reputation and status.
- Sellers earn rating in their stories based on their performance and reputation.
- Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the seller on their story.
- Uriji reserves the right to use all work submitted and published for marketing and promotion purposes.
- By using the "site / App", your relationship with Uriji will be limited to a third party independent contractor and not to an employee, agent, co-integrant in a joint venture or partner of Uriji for any reason. In addition, you will act exclusively in your own name and interest, and not in the name or interest of Uriji. Uriji will not direct or control, nor will it be deemed to direct or control, the actions you take or your behavior in the framework of these Terms.
- The Uriji platform may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to translations, express or implied, including any guarantee of accuracy, reliability and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and nn-infringement.
- Sellers create stories to allow buyers to purchase their content.
- For every order you sell and successfully complete, Uriji keeps 10% of the price of each story you sell. A Paypal fee also applies to each transaction according to their policies.
- Paypal accredits sellers once an order is completed.
- The seller's rating is calculated based on the buyer’s reviews to the story.
- For security concerns, Uriji may temporarily disable a seller’s account.
- Sellers are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any VAT or otherwise, which may apply to them depending on residency or location. Sellers represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The price shown in the stories is inclusive of all taxes and charges that may apply to the sellers.
- By creating, uploading, publishing, sending, receiving, storing or otherwise making available any Content on the "Site", you grant Uriji a non-exclusive, international, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licenseable license. Transferable on said Content to access, use, store, copy, modify, prepare derivative works, distribute, publish, transmit, broadcast, disseminate and exploit in any other way and manner such Content to provide and / or promote the "Site / Web "in any support or platform.
- Stories created in Uriji are User Generated Content ("UGC"), meaning that you choose to publish on the site (photos, PDF, videos, text) and is no longer private.
Uriji can eliminate Stories and/or Contents in the stories for violations of these Terms and Conditions, which may include (but not limited to) the following offenses or materials:
- illegal or fraudulent services
- Copyright infringement, trademark infringement, and violation of a third party´s Terms and Conditionss, reported by our intellectual property claim policy.
- Adult oriented services, pornographic, obscene or inappropriate content
- Intentional copies of content
- Spam, irrelevant material or violent content
- Misleading content addressed to buyers
- Reselling of regulated goods
- Services that extend beyond the day of service prior to and agreed by mutual agreement between the parties.
- The elimination of stories due to the offenses referred to above could result in the suspension of the seller’s account.
- Stories that are eliminated due to offences cannot be restored or edited.
- Stories can be removed from our search function due to poor performance or inappropriate user behavior.
- All sellers are allowed to upload images in the description of the story.
- The description of the contents may include a video which can be uploaded through the management tools available in Uriji.
- Statements on page Content that undermine or circumvent compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The minimun price that can be set to a story is 1 $.
- Since Uriji is a meeting point between seller and buyer, and not part of the operations performed between them, the seller will be responsible for all duties and tax charges that apply for the sale of its content. Uriji is not responsible for any fault related to this kind of infringement.
Important notice regarding fees:
Transaction fees are subject to PayPal, not Uriji.
Uriji Jami reserves the right to use all work submitted and published for marketing and promotion purposes.
- Buyers pay Uriji to create an order from a seller on the Uriji “Site/App” by clicking on the Buy button
- Stories may be purchased using one of the following payment methods: PayPal.
- If you have been asked to use an alternative method of payment, Please immediately notify our support service through email@example.com.
Once a story is purchased, Uriji guarantees its availability up to three months.
We encourage buyers and sellers to settle claims privately. If for any reason this is not possible, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- When a buyer orders a Content, the seller is notified by push notifications, as well as notifications on the site “Site/App”.
- Sellers must comply with the delivery date specified by mutual agreement between the buyer and the seller.
- Users are responsible for analyzing all transferred files for viruses and malware. Uriji is not liable for any damage incurred due to the use of the site, the use of content or files transferred.
- Feedback reviews provided to seller while completing an order are an essential part of Uriji’s rating system. Reviews show the overall experience of the buyer with the seller and the services provided. It is recommended that buyers inform the seller of all concerns and questions that could arise prior to purchase.
- Leaving feedback is a basic prerogative of a buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms and Conditions.
- To prevent any misuse of our feedback system, all comments and reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the platform from users within Uriji and our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance seller ratings, or to abuse the Uriji platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback comments given by buyers are publicly displayed on the seller’s stories.
- Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Content service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
Claims and cancellations
We encourage buyers and sellers to try to settle claims privately. If for any reason this fails, please use the Customer support center at email@example.com
- The submission of a claim for an operation or the cancellation of a payment through your payment service provider or bank constitutes a violation of these Service Terms and Conditions. If you do, your account may be temporarily disabled to investigate possible security violations.
- If a buyer or seller finds a problem associated with the service provided in an order, it is recommended to resolve the dispute by mutual agreement to try to resolve the matter.
- Seller can make changes in deliveries, depending on the content and service to the buyer. Sellers can determine the volume of reviews that are offered to buyers.
- Soliciting obtaining more sellers services that stipulated on the Terms and Conditions.
- Uriji encourages buyers and sellers to resolve service disputes privately.
- Our team of support team will assess the eligibility of requests to Uriji to cancel an order, based on a number of factors, including violations of our Terms and Conditions, general misconduct and misuse of the system.
- The orders will not meet the cancellation requirements if the quality of service or materials that the seller delivered meets the description contained in the contents page. Buyers can rate the seller based on their experience on the order page, including the general level of quality of service they received.
- Buyers should use the support team center to answer their concerns and get the desired solution to the service provided by their sellers, then seek to resolve their dispute. The support team will not take action against orders when buyers do not inform their seller problems associated with the service and enable sellers to provide a solution first. This does not include the unauthorized use of Uriji.
- The service customer orders Uriji review orders based on the following scenarios, but will not be limited to:
- Users adopt an offensive attitude towards the other party by threatening with low ratings or the misuse of ordered materials.
- Users provided or included materials that violate copyright or trademark regulations as part of the requirements of the buyer or seller delivery.
- The user is no longer an active user of Uriji due to breach of the Service Terms and Conditions or closing their account.
- The seller uses delivery system to extend the delivery due date to complete the requested service without providing the final delivered service to buyers. Note: A large number of allegations of violations will result in permanent suspension of your account.
- The seller does not deliver files or proof of work linked to the requirements agreed in the order. Note: Our support team examines the subjectivity of the materials in question.
- The seller requests additional payments in the Uriji platform or outside by withholding the final delivery of services directly related to the agreed requirements.
- The seller retains service delivery for better ratings.
- Buyers threaten to leave a bad review for further services of the seller that are not linked to the agreed requirements.
- Users who are reported of using materials that violate copyright or trademark with proper verification and testing.
- Buyers who do no hold the right to use their account form commercial purposes and reported
User Conduct and Protection
Uriji is a social network and an e-commerce app. It provides users the opportunity to exchange advice or business expertise, generating alternative incomes by valorizing people's past and reveling people's life potential, fulfill their dreams.
Here you would be able to share your aspirations (dreams) your experiences (stories) and make meaningful connections with other people.
How does the app works?
- Post your dreams: create your dreams and let other people know what your goals are, so they can help you through advice and donations.
- Post your stories: your experiences are precious, share them with others and, if you want, put a price or offer them for free.
- Timeline: you have a tool, to let you navigate from your past to your future and see all your dreams and stories in a smooth flow.
- Match them: Uriji helps you find content from other users that match yours. Get in contact with people, back them, and if you would like, buy stories, rate them, get inspired and help others.
Uriji maintains a friendly environment, with community and professional spirit. Users should keep that spirit and respect when participating in any activity.
To report any breach of our Terms and Conditions, user misconduct, or for questions regarding your account, contact our team of support team center.
- Any exchange of personal information necessary to continue a service can be done in the platform through comments and private messages.
- Uriji does not provide any guarantees about the quality of service offered to buyers.
- Uriji does not protect users who interact outside the Uriji platform.
- Sending messages to users will not be tolerated with disrespectful, abusive, inappropriate or violent language. If this case, it can result in sending a warning to the account or the suspension or removal of that account.
- Users with the intention of slandering competing sellers by ordering services from them, their reviews will be removed or other measures related to the status of their account will be applied, as determined by our team.
- Users should abstain from sending spam or contacting buyers or sellers beforehand in order to delete or modify assessments or cancel orders that do not conform to the policies of cancellation of orders or feedback.
- Users can contact the support team center to report content that may violate Uriji Jami´s Terms and Conditions, based on the similarity of an imitated Content, for example.
- Uriji will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement. Our Intellectual Property claim procedures can be reviewed here.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Term and Conditions of Service or any misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user´s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not restrict the activity of the account, but can lead to your account losing seller statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
- Adult Services and Pornography: Uriji does not allow any exchange of adult oriented or pornographic materials and services.
- Conduct and Inappropriate language: Communication in Uriji should be friendly, constructive and professional. Uriji condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We provide a mean through which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate purchased stories, and to engage on large platforms such as our community and social media pages.
- Phishing and Spam: any attempt to publish or send malicious content with intent to compromise another member´s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. We encourage you respect the privacy of our members and to avoid contacting them without their consent for commercial purposes.
- Privacy and Identity: You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in our application. Sellers confirm that whatever information they received from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than to handle the content/service previously accorded. Any user who makes an agreement out of the platform, will not be protected by our Terms and Conditions.
- Intellectual Property Claims: Uriji responds to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement, and/or violation of third party´s Terms and Conditions.
- Fraud / Unlawful Use: You may not use Uriji for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
- Target Abuse: We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users in Uriji.
- Selling Accounts: You may not buy or sell Uriji accounts.
- Uriji Jami reserves the right to suspend or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these Service Term and Conditions or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site/App services.
- The violation of Uriji Jami´s Service Terms and Conditions may disable your account permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy in Uriji.
- Users who have violated our Service Terms and Conditions and had their account disabled may contact our Customer support team for more information related to the violation and status of the account.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through support team by providing the relevant documents.
- Claims must be handled through Uriji´s claims solving tools.
- Uriji may make changes to the Service Terms and Conditions from time to time. When these changes are made, Uriji will make a new copy of the Service Terms and Conditions available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use Uriji after the date on which the Service Terms and Conditions have changed, Uriji will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms and Conditions.
- Uriji grants Uriji grants the right use of the platform exclusively under these Terms and Conditions.
Content User Generated
User Generated Content refers to content added by users as opposed to content created by the site. All content uploaded to Uriji by users (buyers, sellers, donors and dreamers) is User Generated Content. Uriji does not review the content that the user uploads or creates to determine whether it is appropriate or infringe copyright, trademark or other. We invite everyone to report violations involving lack of proof of ownership as appropriate. The reported content may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, Uriji Jami is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the sellers. No warranty regarding the content, delivery and any communication between buyers and sellers.
By offering a service, the seller undertakes that he/she has sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide sell or resell the service offered in Uriji. Sellers who promote their content must comply with the laws and conditions of service advertising platform or the relevant website that is used as an advertising medium. Failing to do so, may result in the possible removal or suspension of the seller's account.
Unless clearly stated otherwise on the page or content description of the seller, to deliver the content, provided you have made the payment, the buyer acquires all intellectual property rights, including but not limited, the Seller copyright on the work delivered and the seller waives any and all moral rights to such work. The delivered work shall be considered work-for-hire under the U.S. Copyright Act. In the event the delivered work does not meet the requirements of work-for-hire or when US Copyright Act does not apply, the seller expressly agrees to assign to the buyer the copyright in the delivered work. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the buyer shall be subject to full payment for the content and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason.
Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall be kept confidential and shall not be shared or used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the ordered work to the buyer.
Furthermore, users (both buyers and sellers) agree that unless they explicitly indicate otherwise, the content users voluntarily create/upload to Uriji, including texts, photos, videos, usernames, user photos, user videos and any other information, including the display of delivered work, may be used by Uriji for marketing and/or other purposes.
Use of the Site, Content and all services or items obtained through it are your responsibility.
The Site, Content and all services or items that are obtained through the application they offered as they are and to specification and availability without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
Neither Uriji, nor any other person associated with Uriji guarantees or makes any statements regarding the integrity, security, reliability, quality, accuracy or availability of the website.
Limitation of Liability
Uriji Jami, its affiliates, agents, employees, partners, founders and directors shall not be liable in any case, within legal limits, of damages, lost profits or consequential damages, or special damages, direct or indirect, including but not limited and without limitation, damages for impossibility of transmitting or receiving data, business losses, among others. Uriji Jami´s full responsibility for damages shall not exceed in any circumstances the amount of one hundred U.S. dollars (100 USD). The previously mentioned limitations will be applied even if the repair fails its essential purpose.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Uriji regarding the software and may only be modified by written agreement signed by Uriji. Translations of this document are given in order to meet the demands of local users and, in the event of a dispute between the English version and any of the versions in other languages, always prevail first, to the extent that it is not contrary to local law in your jurisdiction.